For my boyfriend JJ’s birthday, I suprised him with his favourite Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe! It’s a delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe that tastes just as good days after as it does when straight out of the oven. I’ve included the basic recipe below, and also used ready-made frosting from Betty Crocker which is also Gluten Free. To decorate I used a Decorating Icing Kit from Queen which is not only Gluten Free but includes 3 colours and 4 nozzles to create different designs. JJ loved the cake so much he asked me to make another cake that was just for him (one that he didn’t need to share with everyone at his birthday party). I made one with Vanilla frosting and another with Chocolate, both equally delicious!
Flourless Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- 4 Cups of Dark Chocolate Melts chopped
- 2 Blocks of Unsalted Butter (250g each)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Can of Betty Crocker Frosting (Vanilla or Chocolate)
- Cake Decorations of Your Choice (I used sprinkles and icing kit)
1) Preheat Oven to 180°C / 350°F
2) Melt Butter in saucepan
3) Once Butter is completely melted, stir in Chocolate Melts
4) Once Chocolate Melts are completed melted and mixture is smooth, add Vanilla Essence, Sugar and Salt until fully dissolved.
5) Remove from heat, and whisk Eggs in one at a time until mixture looks smooth and glossy.
6) Pour Batter into 2 separate 7-inch Tart Pans / 21cm Cake Tins (standard) and put in oven to bake for at least 30 minutes, until you can pierce the center of the cake with a fork and the fork have almost no cake batter on it. Careful not to bake the cake for too long because it doesn’t taste nice when the texture is too dry.
7) Once ready, remove the cake tins from the oven. Take cakes out of baking tins and leave to cool on a plate each.
8) Once cool to touch, spread frosting on the top of one cake (layer of frosting in the middle) and then place the 2nd cake on top of the base. Spread the entire cakes surface with frosting.
9) Continue to decorate cake as you wish.
10) Enjoy eating your cake!