I just received my Velocity Gold membership from Virgin Australia in the mail today! It’s a nice bump-up privilege for me as a loyal customer and regular flyer with Virgin Australia Airlines. They have some pretty decent perks such as:
– Complimentary Check-in Luggage
– Annual Virgin Lounge Membership – this is the equivalent to an airline business lounge which includes buffet, barrista coffees and bar (after 11am), wifi, magazine, television and handy shower facilities with fresh towels and toiletries. I will note that after a 13 hour flight from LAX to Sydney, a shower at the Virgin Lounge is the BEST THING EVER!
– Priority Check-in and Boarding – no Ques! No better feeling than by-passing a huge line of people waiting so that you can be served first!
– 75% Velocity Point Bonus – trust me, these add up quickly!
– Some privilege memberships with some other hotel and car hire programs
– Entry to over 150 business lounges for partnered airlines globally (YAY!)